Finance Process Analyst
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you interested in taking the next step in your finance career with an employer who offers a structured personal development, progression opportunities and one who cares about your work-life balance?
Well look no further!
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a finance process professional who thrives on leading collaborative projects to join a newly formed team in a role where you'll be influencing decisions at the very core of HMRC!
Our vacancy sits in our new Business Process Reengineering Team who form part of Finance Systems and Processes business area.
Here you will play a vital role in supporting the application of process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles, to conduct and support financial process innovation and optimisation projects across HMRC.
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across the finance, and wider HMRC, community you'll be looking at continuous improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities for optimising our financial systems (e.g. SAP- ERP), financial processes, redesigning processes, establishing organisation support, and launching projects.
The work will be supporting HMRC as a high-performing organisation by helping to champion financial process improvement practices and cultures. You will help to build and foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognised.
You will be part of a team supporting the implementation of programs and tools in helping to build a high-performance culture via the assigned processes (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
The role involves significant stakeholder engagement and relationship management responsibilities, related to the identification of opportunities for process and service improvements and innovation.
Reporting to a senior manager, the role covers a variety of tasks and activities in support of ‘fact finding’ and analysis of financial processes, data and activities.
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people at different levels both orally, face to face and in writing, providing them with information to support and guide them in gaining an understanding of process issues and problems.
- Lead on supporting and driving continuous improvement activities.
- Provide analysis of findings, using sound judgement to identify and recommend options to innovate and improve financial processes, activities and minor changes to financial systems.
- You will ensure business requirements and organisational objectives are understood and that performance milestones are met.
- Be agile in approach and able to work flexibly, learning quickly as well as being comfortable working with ambiguity and change in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in resource and work management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with evidence of influencing and engaging with senior partners in a large and dispersed organisation (both virtually and in person).
- Be able to demonstrate experience of researching and analysing information in finance accounting system data, to inform options and a recommended course of action, with the ability to make complex things simple to understand.
- Proven successful leadership skills (demonstration of confidence, communication and influencing).
- Experienced user of Microsoft O365 apps and Visio.
- Proven experience in accounting using finance processes and systems (e.g. SAP ERP etc.), or a qualification in Accounting e.g. AAT.
- Use of business process management tools.
- Evidence of being a trusted advisor, successfully building and maintaining positive relationships at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for delivering customer service.
The Jobholder should be aware of the potential for the risk of financial loss in the day to day work and be responsible for taking action when you or your staff identify instances of this. The Jobholder will be accountable for ensuring mitigating action is taken as appropriate.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom