Data Science Lead - CivEng Machine Learning
Data Science Lead - CivEng | Machine Learning
Remote / Home based
GBP85,000 - GBP100,000
This is a really exciting, newly-created role for a Data Science Lead; on behalf a Global Civil Engineering business who are a leading manufacturer within the heavy construction industry. As part of their R&D team, they are looking for a highly experienced Scientist with a CivEng background to build out, and lead their Machine Learning capability, including building a small team.
They are currently undergoing a technology transformation, developing and delivering their intelligent infrastructure capability through IoT, as part of a Global mission to improve safety and save lives.
Initial tasks will include:
- Defining AI Architecture
- Delivering a number of POC's including: Anomaly detection & fault identification products.
- Build a small Data Science / ML team team.
This is the ideal opportunity for a Data Scientist with extensive ML experience and a proven commercial background leading the delivery of projects to successful conclusion.
We are keen to speak to candidates with expertise in some of the following areas:
AI / Scientific Machine Learning
- Scientific ML projects with AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) applications
- proven code production and pipelining of SciML in AEC (Keras / Tensorflow / pytorch, scikit learn, AutoML)
- explainable AI / robust AI (Computer Vision)
- Strong knowledge of Digital Twin technology
- Experience with computer vision, including feeding it to ML
- Bayesian ML / Uncertainty Quantification
- Time Series ML
- latent structure identification / GAN
- streamline delivery of ML software and models
- expediting continuous production of ML models at scale
- (civil / mechanical) engineering
- Experience in design standards / codes ; pipeline of structural design
- Monitoring and inspection + related standards / codes