Risk Modelling Manager
Risk Modelling Manager
Southwark, London SE1
£46,000 - £50,000 per annum, we will consider more for an exceptional candidate
Overview of Role
Data and analysis will be at the heart of the new Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) directorate, ensuring we are focused on TfL’s key risks and everything we do is evidence-led.
We are now looking for a talented Risk Modelling Manager with a passion for making our transport network safer to help us deliver this vision. You will be responsible for providing analysis derived from quantified and qualitative SHE risk assessments across TfL and feeding into the SHE risk reduction strategy and more tactical local strategies.
- Develop and maintain pan-TfL SHE risk models to influence SHE and wider business activity to reduce SHE related risks and subsequent business impact
- Proactively produce risk models of key SHE trends and the impact that key actions could have on the business and associated SHE trends
- Proactive use of advanced analytical methods to interrogate the data and identify links to translate into business impact to inform business decision making. Interface with the Insights & Direction team to ensure effective collaboration for data-driven strategy development and improvement activity.
- Utilise risk models to uncover SHE issues before they materialise and support proactive decision making.
- Work with other analytical functions across TfL and the business to develop analytical capability. Understand best practice developments in the field to drive improvement in the service provided.
- Build data and analytical capability within the team. Assist in developing training for SHE Business Partners and business areas to improve knowledge of SHE data
- Be a champion and advocate for safety, health & environment in everything they do, role modelling what it means to make safety, health, and environment personal.
- Good understanding of best practices in metrics design and data analytics and able to interpret complex datasets and information
- Extensive experience building data models, reports and dashboards using a commercial data analytics & visualisation tool (Power BI is preferred, but any other modern analytics platform will be considered)
- Strong numerate and financial understanding, with statistical knowledge especially valued
- Strong understanding of risks
- Highly analytical with an ability to forecast risk impacts including ability to run and own data models
- Strong ability to communicate with senior "non-specialist" stakeholders, to understand and challenge their requirements
- Ability to conduct sophisticated data analysis and modelling
- Ability to develop and explain processes to more junior colleagues
- Good understanding of the Mayor's Transport Strategy and TfL's business priorities
- Strong knowledge of setting data standards
- Strong knowledge of establishing a data-driven culture
- Strong knowledge of producing business insight to drive strategy and decision making
- Good knowledge of underlying capabilities of key reporting software and how to leverage to support positioning of data
- Good knowledge of the business and how it operates, including key TfL risks
- Considerable relevant practical experience
- Knowledge of appropriate data manipulation, management, analysis, reporting and information systems
- Experience in building complex models
- Experience of providing board level reports and management summaries
- Experience in communicating complex information in an easily digestible manner
- Developing and maintaining Quantified Risk Assessments to identify risk mitigation opportunities.
- Identifying and managing activities to strengthen qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment approaches
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
When applying, you will need to have a CV and a covering letter.
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button to visit our website.
Closing date: Thursday 16 September 2021 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom