Senior Internal Auditor
5 days left
- Full Time
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
This is an exciting time to join an award winning Internal Audit team that’s part of a Global audit community.
The team won the “Outstanding Team – Financial Services” award at the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors 2021 Audit and Risk Awards and as we continue to evolve our team, we are looking to enhance our technology and finance audit skillset., We are specially seeking someone with exposure to advanced technologies (robotics, machine learning/artificial intelligence, chatbots) and experience of using data analytics and genuine interest in data driven business strategies. The candidate can be either in an existing Internal Audit role, or we are also open to applications from candidates from other backgrounds who possess particularly strong technology, finance and data skillsets and may be looking for a change in career direction.
In Allianz, advanced technologies (Robotics and AIs) are increasingly used in internal processes to simplify, automate and transform the business. Data has also been a key strategic asset and driver to improve customer centricity through improved products and better customer interaction and distribution of processes. These trends are continually shaping internal audit strategy, and we are keen to enhance our team composition with required skillset and expertise to meet the assurance demands of the business. Working in Internal Audit gives a unique opportunity to interact with, and learn about, all parts of the business as well as being part of a Global audit community supporting you on your career journey.
The purpose of the role is to lead, conduct and assist in carrying out internal audits and investigations that will provide reasonable assurance to Executive Management, the Allianz Holdings plc Board, management and the Audit Committee regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management and control framework operating within the business.
The Senior Internal Auditor improves the control environment and processes through agreeing viable recommendations with the business and ensuring implementation through follow-up on progress. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute in developing the function’s techniques for auditing advanced technologies and digital auditing.
This role can be based in either the Allianz office in Guildford or in the LV=GI office in Bournemouth as a primary location (with some travel expected between the two sites). The successful candidate will be however expected to work under Allianz’s new work model being rolled out for the Internal Audit function (i.e. a flexible and hybrid work environment).
Please note: Based on the current company policy relating to Covid-19 working environment, the recruitment process will be performed remotely.
- Coordinate own and assignment-based resources to carry out audits, liaising with staff and management at all levels, analysing information and data and drawing conclusions about the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, risk management and governance
- Compile Audit documentation to the agreed quality standards and timescales
- Conduct Closing Conferences with senior management, in order to advise them of preliminary findings, confirm the accuracy of these findings and discuss the feasibility of the recommendations proposed
- Follow-up on progress made with implementation of recommendations
- Provide Internal Audit Management with feedback on the progress of audit assignments and contribute to planning the allocation of Internal Audit resources
- Undertake relationship management, ensuring that the business areas are kept informed of any arising audit issues
- Set short term objectives for each assignment, allocate resources, monitor and review progress against targets.
Skills & Experience
- Mixture of business, finance and technology skillset including working knowledge of data analytics; awareness and application of existing and emerging technologies and solutions (For example; robotics, machine learning/artificial intelligence, chatbots, Cloud)
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret data (following a systematic and disciplined approach) to draw effective, objective conclusions
- Confidence to liaise with and influence staff and management at all levels
- Practical knowledge of MS Office
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Commercial acumen so as to facilitate better conversations with business leaders on technical matters and to help identify where risks lie
- Awareness of Internal Audit methodology and professional standards
- Completed or working towards a professional qualification in accountancy, audit, or another relevant discipline.
- Internal Audit background with experience in Information Technology and Finance process audits – preferably assurance work exposure into advanced technologies
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Financial and Services Markets Act, FCA Handbook and relevant audit and regulatory issues
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services (preferably general insurance)
- Working knowledge of data analytics techniques in audit work including usage of DA tools, for example; Power BI, Qlik, Alteryx, MicroStrategy, Advanced Excel
- Strategic perspective of requirements for internal audit
- Experience of functioning within an international financial services group.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please let us know.
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Assurance Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom