Data Analyst - Credit Risk / Investment
Data Analyst - Credit Risk
GBP50,000 - GBP70,000 + bonus & benefits
London (WC) / Remote - Office split possible.
An expanding European bank has an opportunity for an Analyst to join their Portfolio Management team in London.
* Developing and improving existing management information of loan portfolios.
* Employing a range of analytical and visualisation tools such as Tableau/Power BI, Jupyter notebooks.
* Analysing investment proposals and presenting your results to the bank's credit committee.
* Analysing financial data and structural risks in respect of facility proposals from the investment team.
* Supporting potential portfolio acquisition through due diligence, data analysis and engagement with third parties.
* Working across other teams to ensure any trends (e.g., provisions, NPLs, RWAs) are identified and escalated.
* Developing, maintaining and improving credit risk strategies throughout the credit lifecycle
* Investigating the causes of data errors, and working with other colleagues to solve the issues.
* Contributing productively to the team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities
* Bachelor's degree or better and a strong interest in data analysis and programming.
* Strong foundation in SQL, ETL (extract-transform-load), and databases more generally.
* Experience in working with at least one programming language, and a willingness to become proficient in Python.
* Ability to manage your own time, schedule projects to tight deadlines, excellent attention to detail and good spoken and written communication skills.
* Banking experience is preferred, not essential.
* Fluency in one European language (German, Dutch, French) advantageous, but not essential