Senior Associate - Market Value Direct - AKL
As a team of trusted business advisers, we partner with our clients to build long lasting relationships and solve important problems. Our people and values are what make us a leading professional services firm in New Zealand.
Our ways of working together mean we strengthen our well being by using the best tech, collaborating effectively, and work flexibly in order to maximise both the professional and the personal
What would you be doing?
The MVD (Market Value Direct) team acts as a center of excellence for quantitative work for PwC Asia-Pacific, supporting audits across the region with financial instrument valuations. MVD also offers a broad range of quantitative consulting services within the region. These projects range from valuation services and model reviews to capital adequacy calculations and mortgage break fee analysis.
As a highly technical Senior Associate in MVD, you will take a key role in delivering consulting engagements across a range of quantitative fields. With enthusiasm and a mind for learning, you’ll pick up the skills and experience to further your career and deliver value to our clients.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with our extensive book of clients, gain first-hand experience of the different issues our clients face, and take away insights into how we manage them.
As part of the Market Value Direct team you will be joining a small team of which you’ll be a key team member. Tasks include:
- Working closely with Partners and Directors
- Engaging with clients from around the world, in both an audit support and consulting role
- Completing a range of assignments which can range from financial derivative valuations, to capital adequacy reviews and Market risk reviews
- This role would suit those with an interest in quantitative finance and delivering a wide range of quantitative projects.
In our highly skilled environment, you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology and a culture of self-disruption, allowing you to do your very best and most innovative work.
What do you need to bring to the role?
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably in professional services, ideally working with larger financial and/or multinational corporations
- Relevant degree (e.g computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, business, finance, engineering or similar)
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn
- Strong numerical & problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment, build rapport and strong working relationships
- Ability to think critically and see the bigger picture
- The ability to critically analyse and explain complex information with clients and colleagues in a way which is easy to understan
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- In addition, some knowledge/experience of programming would be helpful in this role
- A Masters degree in a relevant area (mathematics, quantitative finance or similar) and CFA candidates and/or CFA Charterholders would be an advantage.
Why is PwC a great place to work?
At PwC, you’ll have an unrivalled level of access to industry expertise and ongoing professional development both locally and through our global network of member firms.
You will learn to work together with your teams in a way that is cutting edge. We aim to inspire, motivate and reward our people to succeed in all areas of their lives. We pride ourselves on creating a fun, respectful and inclusive culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths.
Check out the PwC careers page for information about perks of the job as well as diversity and inclusion at PwC NZ
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Send us your application via the ‘Apply now’ link.
Please note due to border restrictions applicants outside of New Zealand who require visa sponsorship cannot be considered for this role
Ngā mihi mahana
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Audit Consultant Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- External Audit Senior Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Analytics Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Data Analytics Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand