Senior Data Architect Data Science (f/m/d)
Your Job Offer at 50Hertz
Senior Data Architect in the context of energy system transformation (f/m/d)
Place of work: Neuenhagen (near Berlin)
Permanent Contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Job ID: 2038
50Hertz Transmission GmbH, Neuenhagen (near Berlin)50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators in Germany. We transport electricity at the highest voltage level. The company's round about 1,200 employees are creating something that until recently many people thought was impossible: Promote energy system transformation at high speed while maintaining security of supply.
Our Control Center controls the electricity transport in the 50Hertz grid. 50hertz is building the next generation ecosystem for system operations here. Data architecture is central for our success: Managing highly complex master data of our assets and the grid with very demanding requirements on data quality while also managing millions of (real time) data points on our integration backbone. In this context, we are offering you the above-mentioned permanent position at our site Neuenhagen (near Berlin) as soon as possible.
Design the next generation data architecture for system operations.
With analytical strength and solution-oriented thinking, you tackle your diverse tasks:
- Take a leading role in overall design of our next generation data architecture and the corresponding data strategy within system operations,
- Be a thought leader for key elements of data architecture like designing the data model, integration architecture, solution architecture and master data management,
- Translate business requirements into technology requirements,
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners and external vendors,
- Define data flows and work on our architecture frameworks, standards and principles,
- Ensure the data lifecycle from requirements to modelling and operation, so that the processes of system management are optimally supported and all compliance requirements (especially those for IT security / ISMS) are met,
- Drive innovation for a data-centric architecture.
In addition to your specialist knowledge, your committed communication and team competence will help you. It is not only knowledge and experience that makes your success but the way you manage decision-making processes und implement new ideas in the organization.
Required skills and experience
- Very good knowledge and experience with data modelling and data management,
- Several years of project experience in various roles in the "data environment",
- Profound knowledge in the energy industry context, preferably in processes of system management for electricity grids,
- Hands on experience with implementing scalable technology and logical architectures for master data and real-time data,
- Hands on experience with databases, including first experiences in graph databases like Neo4J,
- Experience with enterprise architecture methods, tools and principles,
- Experience with managing senior stakeholders in a complex organisation,
- A strong drive to change things,
- Very good written and spoken German and English language skills (B2).
Experience with event streaming technology, messaging protocols and publish / subscribe pattern like Apache Kafka is beneficial.
- Become part of the energy turnaround and face this meaningful challenge,
- Design new processes and systems and break new ground,
- You can expect a comprehensive induction period and individual training opportunities,
- 30 days holiday,
- A cafeteria,
- Company pension scheme,
- An award-winning employer: "Dream Employer - Innovative. Digital. Sustainable" (FAZ Institute, 2021); "The best employers for women" - grade: very good (Brigitte, 2020); "Germany's most innovative companies" (Capital 2020); "Germany's most family-friendly companies" (Freundin, 2020); "Germany's Best Apprenticeship" (Capital, 2020); "Germany's Most Desired Employers" (F.A.Z.-Institut, 2020),
- ??? for more details visit our career Website.
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
We have adapted our recruitment process according to the current situation and we are conducting all upcoming job interviews in the form of telephone and video interviews.
We are therefore looking forward to your application in English (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please apply exclusively via our online application form here.Would you like to know more? For example, what is it like to work in our team?
Or do you have technical questions about the job? Then contact Frederic Koppenberg, Head of Data Strategy: (this way you can reach him easier than on the phone). Please refer to job ID 2038 in the e-mail subject.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The 50Hertz representation for employees with disabilities (Schwerbehindertenvertretung) will be happy to advise you in a confidential manner. You can reach them by e-mail: .
MANNROTH Personalberatung im Auftrag von 50Hertz