IT Audit Manager
Our client, a leading telecommunications company, seeks an IT Audit Manager for its UK internal audit function. Working as part of the audit team, you will provide management, stakeholders and decision makers with the assurance that the systems, processes and controls across the business are effective and are supported by a robust governance framework.
Reporting to the Head of Operations & SOx Audit and acting as the main point of contact with the PwC IT audit team, you will help plan and perform technology audits as well as coordinate IT controls testing for Sarbanes Oxley compliance. This will include coordination of the audit team supporting the engagement, review of work papers as well as managing communications with local management, Corporate Audit and the external auditors. You will provide assurance to ensure a robust and effective control environment is in place across all relevant processes, applications and systems, whether they are run internally or hosted and managed by external partners, and proactively engage with the business in relation to risk identification as part of the design and development of new products and propositions and to identify assurance requirements.
As well as work covering corporate functions, you will also be responsible for delivering audits of UK subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Applicants should come from an IT audit background, with experience ideally gained within a Big 4 firm or large, complex organisation.
Whilst based in Slough, the role will also involve 15-20% travel to other UK sites.
This is a challenging and insightful opportunity to utilise and expand your IT audit knowledge. Good opportunities for further development exist within the team or wider business.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Degree educated with strong academics
- ACA, ACCA or CISA qualified
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the external or internal IT auditing field preferably gained in a Big 4 firm
- Strong understanding of IT risk and controls within a complex environment
- Very good understanding of the practical requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the application of Internal Controls
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good relationship building skills, building effective internal and external networks of contacts
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance principles;
- Preferable with a good understanding of different technologies, cyber security and data analytics
- A team player, with experience of working in teams. The ability to lead and manage others on larger assignments
Apply for IT Audit Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly