Technology External Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
Working flexibly at Grant Thornton: Balancing work, clients and family life
Let’s talk about the role
Here are some things you can expect from this technology audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people. You'll be responsible for developing the approach to IT risk on a portfolio of clients and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Own your own work. You will: oversee audit teams; be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner. You’ll be responsible for delivering basic IT audit training to the non IT audit team to enable the IT audit team to focus on those clients of high risk and complexity. You will assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work designing the needed IT audit approach and showcasing data analytics capability.
- Be a part of a team. you'll manage a team of IT auditors on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of employees to ensure IT audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives. You'll manage, motivate and coach team members and provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal.
- Take responsibility. You'll also assist the audit partners in understanding IT audit risk, developing a data analytical approach and overall scope of IT audit services. You'll ensure that key matters which arise during the IT audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with. You must check that IT audit work papers been properly reviewed and that work is completed to budget and timetable
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You can also work on developing yourself and others, with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria
- Post-qualified experience within risk management, or external audit, as an IT auditor and will have experience of leveraging data analytics within an audit environment
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- You'll be familiar with accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle, Sage etc
- Experience with using data analytics software: IDEA or ACL, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SAS or similar
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
- Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
- Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
More searches like this
- IT Audit Manager Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom