Senior Internal Auditor (Data Analytics)
The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated by our client, an award winning Commercial Insurance business, to assist in their search for an Data Analytics Internal Auditor.
This role can be based either in Guildford or in Bournemouth as a primary location (with some travel expected between the two sites)
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit, as our client continues to evolve their team, as they are specially seeking someone with a digital skillset, in either data analytics or process automation (robotics/machine learning/artificial intelligence). The successful candidate can either be from Internal Audit or potentially other backgrounds who possess particularly strong digital skillsets and may be looking for a change in career direction.
The purpose of the role is to lead, conduct and assist in carrying out internal audits and investigations that will provide reasonable assurance to Executive Management, the Board, management and the Audit Committee regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management and control framework operating within the business.
The Senior Internal Auditor improves the control environment and processes through agreeing viable recommendations with the business and ensuring implementation through follow-up on progress. The successful candidate will also be expected to take a lead on developing the functions and digital auditing techniques.
- Coordinate own and assignment-based resources to carry out audits, liaising with staff and management at all levels, analysing information and data and drawing conclusions about the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, risk management and governance.
- Compile Audit documentation to agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Conduct Closing Conferences with senior management, in order to advise them of preliminary findings, confirm the accuracy of these findings and discuss the feasibility of the recommendations proposed.
- Follow-up on progress made with implementation of recommendations.
- Provide Internal Audit Management with feedback on the progress of audit assignments and contribute to planning the allocation of Internal Audit resources.
- Undertake relationship management, ensuring that the business areas are kept informed of any arising audit issues.
- Set short term objectives for each assignment, allocate resources, monitor and review progress against targets.
Please note: based on the current company policy relating to Covid-19, the recruitment process will be performed remotely and dependent on start date, the successful candidate may be required to work from home for a period of time before plans are finalised for a return to the office for the Internal Audit function
Skills and Experience
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret data (following a systematic and disciplined approach) to draw effective, objective conclusions.
- Mixture of business and digital technology skillset including working knowledge of data analytics; awareness and application of existing and emerging digital technologies and solutions (For example; Robotic Process Automation, Cloud and AI solutions)
- Confidence to liaise with and influence staff and management at all levels
- Practical knowledge of MS Office
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Commercial acumen so as to facilitate better digital conversations with business leaders and to help identify where risks lie
- Awareness of Internal Audit methodology and professional standards
- Completed or working towards a professional qualification in accountancy, audit, or another relevant discipline
- Internal Audit background. Preferably experience in digital technology assurance
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services (preferably general insurance)
- Working knowledge of data analytics tool, for example; Qlik, Alteryx, MicroStrategy
- Strategic perspective of requirements for internal audit
- Working knowledge and practical experience of IT audit would be a bonus
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor (Data Analytics)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly