Ministry of Defence
About Ministry of Defence
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) protects the security, independence and interests of our country at home and abroad. They work with our allies and partners whenever possible. Their aim is to ensure that the armed forces have the training, equipment and support necessary for their work, and that they keep within budget.
They have seven military tasks:
- Providing strategic intelligence.
- Providing nuclear deterrence.
- Defending the UK and its overseas territories.
- Supporting civil emergency organisations in times of crisis.
- Providing a defence contribution to UK influence.
- Defending our interests by projecting power strategically and through expeditionary interventions.
- Providing security for stabilisation.
The MOD's Head Office, is both a Department of State and a military strategic headquarters, with both civilian and military staff often working together in integrated teams. Beyond Head Office, there are four front line ‘commands' (the Royal Navy, the Army, the Royal Air Force and Joint Forces Command), and organisations running acquisition, infrastructure and a range of other enabling services.
1 job with Ministry of Defence
Senior Data Engineer
Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking for your next challenge? It’s an exciting time to join RAF Digital as we grow our organisation.